Each institution in Canada has its own policy regarding admission requirements for international students. The entry criteria may vary according to the programs as well. The minimum percentage required for Community Colleges are 55% and above in the previous educational qualification and for universities it is 60% and above. Besides, an English Proficiency score is also required with a minimum of overall 6.5 and no band less than 6.0. The websites of the institutions will provide you with exact requirements.
Studying in Canada can be relatively cheaper as Canada offers low tuition rates for international students as compared to the U.S., the U.K., and Australia. The tuition fees vary between CAD 13,000 to CAD 25,000 per year and the living expense ranges between CAD 10,200 to CAD 15,000 per year.
Canada has four very distinct seasons: Spring (March-May); Summer (June-August); Fall (September-October); and Winter (November-February). The country’s southern border has warm springs, hot summers and pleasant autumns prevailing for at least seven months before winter sets in.
International students can work while studying in Canada if they have a valid study permit and a Social Insurance Number (SIN). The students can work part time for 20 hours a week during term time and 40 hours i.e. full-time during vacations.
If you graduate from a Designated Learning Institution, then you can gain valuable Canadian work experience under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP). Normally a work permit visa is granted for one year on a study of one year. For a study of at least 2 or more years the student can get post study work visa of up to 3 more years.
The work experience gained through the PGWPP will help you to garner valuable points to qualify for permanent residency in Canada.
Universities in Canada offers Bachelors, Masters, and PHD programs and some universities also offers diploma, graduate diploma as well as certificate programs. Canadian Colleges are concentrating on providing hands on experience to the students through diplomas, certificates, post graduate diplomas, and graduate certificates. But the terms are often used interchangeably.